Open to everyone who loves Ballroom and Latin dance. All skill levels are welcome. No partner is required.
Class schedule: 3/19, 3/26, 4/2, 4/9, 4/16, 4/23, 4/
7:15 pm – 9:15 pm, total 10 Lessons, 20 hours.
Location: Studio D, 47 W Polk St, Chicago, IL 60605
The University of Chicago Class
Class schedule: 4/1, 4/22, 4/29, 5/6, 5/13, 5/27
10:00 am-11:30 am, total 6 Lessons, 9 hours.
Location: 5811 S Ellis Ave Chicago, IL 60637 (Cobb Lecture Hall, Gothic Entrance)
Contact: Tel: 312-927 8957｜WeChat: aaceChicago
Instructor: TOMMYE GIACCHINO
Tommye grew up in her mom’s dance studio where every day was spent in the studio dancing and taking class. She has studied ballet for 26 years and is trained in tap, jazz, gymnastics, and baton twirling.
Former World and British Open Exhibition Ballroom Champion, Professional Rising Star Smooth Ballroom Dance Champion, National Pro/Am 9 Dance and Standard Champion.
Following a World Championship win in Blackpool, Tommye traveled the world extensively to perform and coach in Asia, Europe South America and the USA. A guest artist for numerous heads of state and world-renowned dance companies Gus Giordano, River North Dance Company, Hubbard Street, The Joffrey Ballet, The Chicago Symphony, Atlantic City and Elgin Symphony Orchestras. A featured artist and expert commentator on television programs around the world: PBS’s Championship Ballroom Dancing, “America’s Ballroom Challenge,” Eurosport, ESPN, ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, WGN, “Ballroom Blitz” on the TLC, and repeatedly coached dancers on “So You Think You Can Dance”, “Dancing with the Stars” and an aerial coach for the last Two Olympic Gold Silver and Bronze Ice Dance Champions and current World Champion Ice Dancers.
Tommye holds 5 NADTA Certifications, a National DVIDA Examiner, and is currently coaching, judging across the U.S.
AACE Latin Class Policy
- Students must wear black T-shirt, dark color pants and Latin shoes.
- Ladies: Hair pulled back
- No denim
- No food or gum in studios. Only water is allowed.
- Please turn off the sound of your cell phones or electronic devices in the studios.
- Be on time. Please make sure you are ready before you step into the studios. Arriving 10 minutes earlier is a suggestion.
- In order to respect our instructor and make sure they understand fully what the student’s needs, English speaking in class is a requirement.
- Student must keep talking to a minimum.
- If you have a planned absence, an ongoing illness, or injury, please notify AACE in advance.
- No makeup class during the school year.
Registration and Refund
- $35 fee will be charged for returned checks.
- In order to receive a refund, students must withdraw before the second class. The amount refunded will be less the cost of one class.
- Tuition fees paid are forfeited and no refunds will be offered after the second class of each session.
- There is NO fee credit for missed classes during the school year.
Classes and Instruction
- AACE and its instructors are not liable for any injuries sustained while a student is in class or on the premises.
- No video, audio, photo or any other recordings are allowed in the studios.
- Image Release: AACE is hereby granted permission to take photographs and videos of the students to use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements and other promotional materials.